The Institute for Research and Education to Advance Community Health (IREACH) at Washington State University seeks a temporary fundraising coordinator to facilitate its research mission and goals. Working with IREACH leadership and in close coordination with the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Development team, the coordinator will develop a strategic fundraising plan and will collaborate in identification, solicitation, and stewardship of select major gift donors and identify prospective foundation and corporate relationships. The fundraising coordinator will work in collaboration with IREACH communication and outreach staff to develop donor communications.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with IREACH leadership in creation of a strategic fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with leadership, WSU Health Sciences Development, faculty, and community partners in identifying, soliciting, and stewarding select major donors.
- Develop strategies to solicit and renew annual donors.
- Identify, in collaboration with IREACH leadership and WSU Health Sciences Spokane Development foundation and corporate relations, prospects and proposals.
- Plan and execute prospective donor and stewardship events.
- Collaborate with IREACH and WSU Health Sciences Spokane Development staff on development of donor communications and print, digital, and social marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years of experience in direct fundraising with experience in solicitation of major gifts.
- Experience in strategic fundraising campaign plan development, prospect research, stewardship, donor communications, and events planning.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Position may require evening or weekend or travel to meet with donors.
- Familiarity with health disparities and/or Native health.
- Experience with planned giving.
The Fundraising Coordinator is a temporary, part-time, 15-16 hour per week position with a pay rate of $25 per hour. This is a non-benefits eligible position. Future opportunities may become available.
Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter, which clearly communicates how the applicant meets all required qualifications, to Eric Irvin, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Fundraising Coordinator Application and your name in the subject line of the email.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.